In this Brief Book Neil Foster, Associate Professor in Law at Newcastle University, leads us through a general overview of some of the legal challenges facing Bible-believing Christians in Australia as we go forward into the 21st Century.
Note from the author: One of the cases I discuss in the book, the Cobaw case, has now gone on appeal and I have done a note on the appeal decision.
Table of Contents
- Legal pressure points for Christians in 21st century Australia
- Where we have come from
- Discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation
- The Wesley Mission case
- The Christian Youth Camps case
- A re-balancing act
- Public discussion
- Issues raised by the same sex marriage debate
- Should Christians just withdraw from the debate since it is not a “gospel” issue?
- The Christian response to these pressures